Do You Want a Job that Adds Value to You and Others?
The John Maxwell Company is the leadership development organization built on the timeless leadership principles of John C. Maxwell. We are passionate about leadership and intent on developing leaders at all levels. We do this through excellent leadership resources – from books to public workshops to custom programs for companies around the world.
Our goal is to equip people to live out leadership the way it was meant to be lived.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The John Maxwell Company. Members of our team are committed not only to helping others learn to lead, but also to living out leadership ourselves. We value personal growth and exceeding expectations. And we make it our goal to conduct business in a way that honors God, with ethical and service-driven standards.
Inventory Manager and Customer Service Representative
The John Maxwell Company offers a wide array of corporate leadership development training and coaching programs and workshops, as well as personal growth products built on the timeless principles of John C. Maxwell, a #1 New York Times best-selling author, coach and speaker who has sold more than 26 million books in 50 languages.
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer
- Oversee all inflow and outflow of products
- Ensure timely communication of fulfillment and tracking to appropriate parties
- Manage relationships with vendors and warehouse
- Maintain quality control and pricing of packaged and printed products
- Prospect potential vendors
- Collaborate with Customer Service to create excellent customer experiences
- Coordinate with e-Commerce and Marketing for strategy and product launches
- Improve workflow and processes for internal systems and customer experience
- Be the expert on each aspect of all products to serve events, ecommerce promotions, daily sales, special requests, inventory reports, cost projections, etc.
- Approve product invoices, manage total cost of goods sold, and project sales for reordering processes
- Customer support for digital products
- Secondary support to primary Customer Service Coordinator
- Escalate support issues with digital products to the Digital Products Manager
- Navigate and be knowledgeable of internal platforms and products to field customer inquiries
- Manage dashboard for monthly reporting of metrics
- Problem solve to serve customer needs
- Communicate and coordinate with business line owners to develop best practices for supporting new initiatives
- Innovate to improve both internal systems and customer experience
- Value relationships to maintain and grow team and vendor partnerships
- Desire to learn and grow oneself
- Be flexible to new company initiatives in a fast-paced working atmosphere
- Have the ability to innovate in a small business environment
- Be eager to further develop current product offerings and customer experience
- Be proficient in written and oral communication
- Be a problem solver in real-time to serve teammates and customers
The ideal candidate will:
- Be self-directed and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Possess analytical skills to discover opportunities for product and process enhancement
- Have a customer/client focus
- Build strong relationships
- Have a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, which could occasionally require evening, weekend and holiday work as needed.
Occasional travel is primarily local during the business day. Some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- Proficient in Office 365 Suite, advanced skills in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in business field
- 1-3 years of inventory management and vendor experience is preferred
- Ability to lift 20-40 pounds on occasion
- Comfortable with operating multiple web applications to provide administrative support
- Excellent communication skills to lead external partners and resolve customer service calls
- Responsible to maintain and protect confidential customer and organization information
- Understand the big picture organizational initiatives and operate with a high attention to detail
- Analytical and strategic approach to schedule and execute multiple simultaneous projects
If you feel this description is an opportunity for your career fulfillment, please submit your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Inventory Manager and Customer Service Representative Applicant