Do You Want a Job that Adds Value to You and Others?
The John Maxwell Company is the leadership development organization built on the timeless leadership principles of John C. Maxwell. We are passionate about leadership and intent on developing leaders at all levels. We do this through excellent leadership resources – from books to public workshops to custom programs for companies around the world.
Our goal is to equip people to live out leadership the way it was meant to be lived.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The John Maxwell Company. Members of our team are committed not only to helping others learn to lead, but also to living out leadership ourselves. We value personal growth and exceeding expectations. And we make it our goal to conduct business in a way that honors God, with ethical and service-driven standards.
Executive Assistant & Project Manager
This position supports the Vice President by carrying out the company mission to inspire, challenge, and equip our own leaders to embrace and live out leadership. The Executive Assistant partners with the Vice President to lead the company in sustainable growth and expansion by adding value to the internal team in which the Vice President leads. This highly organized individual values integrity, trust, service, and relationships while also fostering precision, promptness, and details; while living and breathing the culture of the organization both personally and professionally. The Executive Assistant represents the Vice President well both internally and externally, and is the voice of the company when communicating to partners, clients, vendors, and other Maxwell organizations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve the Vice President well in execution of his daily work, and in all projects and requests as assigned.
- Process and protect sensitive and confidential information.
- Protects and develops John Maxwell culture at every level where Vice President is represented
- Improve work efficiency for the Vice President and his team by taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Develop and maintain a warm, professional relationship with partners, clients, vendors, and other Maxwell organizations, including the internal team.
- Employ others internally and externally through meaningful relationships to help them accomplish their tasks as set by Vice President.
- Responsible for scheduling and organization of calendar and time management.
- Responsible for all travel arrangements, and being flexible when adjustments are necessary.
- Take, assemble and organize notes for all meetings that the Vice President attends and may, at his discretion, attend on his behalf. Pays particular attention to action items for Vice President and assists in completing in a timely manner.
- Equip partners, clients, vendors, and teammates with knowledge and culture, and model effective behavior.
- Represent and protect the John Maxwell brand internally and externally.
- Develop and improve internal policies and procedures.
- Process all expense reports and be able to reconcile expenses with receipts and statements.
- Prepare presentations and reports in PowerPoint, Word or Excel.
- Answer, screen and process incoming emails and telephone calls.
- Sort, deliver, and code incoming mail and invoices.
- Participate in company meetings as required.
- Helps in on-boarding new employees in a professional manner.
- Available, at times, after normal work hours to serve Vice President.
Work experience requirements:
- 8+ years of professional business and executive leadership experience.
- Professional and maintains a high standard for world-class impressions.
- Excellent knowledge of business acumen and culture.
- Handles confidential information well.
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and solid organization skills, yet flexible.
- Flexible and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and timely.
- Service-oriented and team-oriented.
- Enjoys and actively participates in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and other design programs a plus.
The John Maxwell Company is the corporation in which John C. Maxwell conducts leadership development services for business and church leaders. The company provides services, events and products to individuals and corporations. These include:
- Leader Development Programs
- Training, Public and Private
- John Maxwell Exchange Event
- Resource Shopping Cart
- Maximum Impact Club
- International Licensed Partnerships
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com